As part of the on-campus experience, all students living in a Residential Commons are required to have a dining membership. Memberships are designed to make your life easier and provide you with many convenient options. First and second-year resident student dining plans provide seven-day, all-access dining in both Umphrey Lee Center and Arnold Dining Commons. You will be able to view your meal plan options by logging into your account at mealplans.smu.edu. You have until the add/drop date of the university to make all meal plan changes.
Find out more about how meal plans work, visit our Meal Plans 101 page!
Am I required to be on a meal plan?
- Freshmen and Sophomore that are required to live on campus are required to be on the Works meal plan.
- Juniors living on campus are required to be enrolled in Block 150 plan
- Seniors living on campus are required to be enrolled in Block 50 plan
- If you are a graduate student OR living off campus, you are NOT required to be on a plan and no action is needed.
- Residents living in exempt housing who do not wish to enroll in a meal plan do not need to do anything.
- Students must have completed the Housing process as well as enrolled in classes in order to purchase a meal plan online. If you do not see options to purchase Fall 2020 meal plans online you may not have completed the enrollment process. Once this has been completed meal plan options will be visible.
- Commuters are not required to have a meal plan.
- Students graduating Spring 2020 or students not enrolled in Fall 2020 are not required to be on a meal plan.
Our Meal PlansAll Products
Need help with your meal plan?
If you need to make a meal plan change request, please submit a Help Desk ticket at help.smu.edu.