What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at 14 locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes and Flex Dollars, conveniently loaded onto your student ID. No need to carry additional cards or cash! If you selected a meal plan during the fall semester, we do auto renew your same meal plan selection for the spring semester.
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including Lee, Arnold and Mac’s Place.
FlexFlex may be used at any SMU Dining location. Visit our location page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation. Unused Flex Dollars roll over from the start of a summer semester through the end of that same academic year. For example, Flex Dollars accumulated in Fall 2021 will rollover to Spring 2022, but will expire at the end of the academic year in May 2022.
Meal ExchangeYou may also use one Meal Swipe every two hours at Mac’s Place located in the South Quad of campus. The Meal Swipe includes one entrée (including sides) and one fountain beverage. Ex: Chicken Sandwich, Fries and Fountain Beverage.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- 10 Guest Passes with your meal plan
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Casual atmosphere with TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- Dedicated True Balance Allergen Friendly station at Arnold.
To-go meals: Simply request a to-go box when you swipe in at any of our dining halls.
Managing Your Plan
There are three ways you can check your Meal Swipes and Flex balance:
- By going to mealplans.smu.edu.
- On your receipt after a purchase at any dining location.
- Visit the meal plan office in 3300 Dyer St Suite 101 Dallas, TX 75206 from 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Meal Plans Begin:August 17th, 2021
- Residence Halls Open:August 18th. 2021
- First Day of Classes:August 23rd, 2021